What a great show today. Good vibrations and positivity filled the station this morning. You can listen any time to fight the forces of negativity. Just click the man in lotus pose below!
1. In the Morning When I am Real – The 31st of February 2. Morning Sunshine – The Fredric
3. From the Morning – Nick Drake 4. Magic Carpet Ride – Steppenwolf
5. Do You Believe in Magic – Luvin Spoonful 6. Could This be Magic – Van Halen
7. Start Livin – Donavon Frankenreiter 8. Nothing to Worry About – Peter Bjorn and John
9. High Living – Toro y Moi 10. Sunshine People – Paper Garden
11. Peace Like a River – Paul Simon 12. Carries on – Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros
13. Love Train – Wolfmother 14. Stay Free – Black Mountain 15. Sun Hands – Local Natives
16. Dreams – Passion Pit 17 Life is Beautiful – Keb Mo 18. Give a Little Love – Rilo Kiley
19. Truth – Chiddy bang 20. Do the Knowledge – Dj Cavem Moetevation
21. Golden – Jill Scott 22. Wake Up Everybody – Fabolous 23. If You’re Ready – The Staple Singers
24. If You Don’t Like The Effects, Don’t Produce the Cause 25. Don’t Give Up – Gil Scott Heron
26. One Day – Matisyahu
GOOD NEWS LINKS
Free Solar Panels for Low Income Peruvians
Algae Used to Heat and Cool German Buildings
Woman Creates Non-Profit to Address Gang Violence
Training the Immune System to Fight Cancer
Prison Inmates Save Three Boys From Drowning
Listen to the show anytime at
Sometimes the pressures, stressors and oppressors of this life can get you down. It takes effort to see the beauty amidst the pain and the helpers among the hurters. You can find it in a song, a smile, a good movie or within yourself. I challenge you to find the good several times a day in multiple ways. I’ll give you a head start with the great Gil Scott Heron. You can also listen to the Happy Hour Sundays 8-10 to hear about all kinds of good going on.
Other ways to find the good:
1. Turn off the news.
2. Read about a hero (heroes of peace)
3. Smell a flower
4. Help someone out or just smile a little more
5. Pay it forward – how to pay it forward
6. Make you own list
We will be featuring this artist on many shows and especially during our upcoming food justice show!
check this article out dj cavem moetavation
bio from his website:
Straight out the garden, representing the Historic Five Points, DJ Cavem is an O.G.: Organic Gardener, “teachin’ HIP HOP history and how to grow greens” and not the ones you roll. He is HIP HOP: Higher Inner Peace, Helping Other People, an award winning activist, founder of the Brown Suga Youth Festival, a Green For All Fellow, B-Boy and Midwife.
This Vegan chef is producing more than just beets; harvesting three albums: “Deep Rokc”, “The Teacher’s Lounge” and “The Produce Section”. He is on Itune’s working with Dead Prez, Umi, Digable Planets, KRS-One, Rebel Diaz and Bun B just to name a few. He has played with artists such as Talib Kweli, Dead Prez, Les Nubians, K’naan, Gil Scott-Heron, and has performed internationally in Burkina Faso, Paris, London, and Amsterdam. ”
The Happy Hour is going to attempt to maintain show notes, playlists, links and resources to accompany the show! Here you will find more information on the good news stories, organizations and guests featured on the show and much more!